1. Log in to your account on instagram.com from a computer or mobile browser. Unfortunately, you can’t disable your account from the Instagram app.
2. Click on the person icon in the upper right-hand corner to access your profile.
3. Click “Edit Profile.”
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Temporarily disable my account” in the bottom left-hand corner.
5. Once on that page, choose an answer from the drop-down menu under “Why are you disabling your account?”
- 6. Re-enter your password.
- 7. After you’ve entered your password, a “Temporarily Disable Account” button will appear.
Click it and your account will be deactivated until you choose to reactivate it. It may take a few hours for this to take effect.